Emergency Student Grants
CPP Crowdfunding is currently undergoing routine maintenance, and giving to this page is temporarily unavailable. If you wish to make a gift to Emergency Student Grants at this time, you can do so now at this link. Thank you for your support!
As Cal Poly Pomona transitions to virtual instruction during the COVID-19 pandemic, many folks in the Bronco community are wondering how they can help.
The Broncos Care Program is dedicated to supporting students in need, and that need has never been greater than it is right now. Throughout the year, CPP students count on this program for food resources, housing support, emergency funds, care coordination, and case-management support; all of which play a critical role in a student’s academic success, health and well-being.
At this moment, the Broncos Care Program is prepared to deploy emergency grants of up to $500 each to students facing unexpected hardships such as:
- Medical expenses
- Expenses related to traveling home
- Housing and food insecurity
- Other unforeseen financial expenses
In addition to emergency grants, funding given to the Broncos Care program will also support:
- 7-14 day emergency housing through University Housing Services
- 7-14 day hotel vouchers for students with families facing housing insecurity
- $50 meal cards that can be used at campus locations which are remaining open such as the Vista Market
- Access to virtual care coordination with Bronco Care Program staff and a team of CalFresh Student Ambassadors working remotely
- Linkage to Counseling and Psychological Services for telehealth (virtual mental health counseling via Zoom)
Our students may be facing hardships during this once-in-a-generation crisis, but now is the time for the Bronco Family to come together and live our values of inclusiveness and success for all of our students. Your gift of any amount will help our students weather this storm and ensure they have the resources to continue their education regardless of their circumstances.
If you are a CPP student and wish to apply for emergency grant funding, you can do so here. For other Broncos Care services, please submit the Basic Needs Intake Form, which can be found here.
For questions related to this page, please contact Krista Spangler or Catherine Quirk:
Director of Development, Student Affairs
Director of Leadership Annual Giving